One of the best ways to grow as an educator is to keep learning and keep trying something new. After all, it is much better to fail trying something new than continuing to photocopy the same copy of a copy of a document from the 90s.
This past year, I had the pleasure of blogging alongside eleven other amazing ELA teachers. Each month, we contributed a new idea to that month’s topic, and the result is amazing! Throughout a year of collaborative blogging, we came up with a list of 144 engaging, inspirational, creative, and rigorous ideas to implement into the middle school ELA or high school English classroom.
Here are 144 teaching ideas, techniques, strategies, and activities to try this year!
- 12 Podcast episodes that will make you a better ELA teacher: Hosted by Ashley Bible of Building Book Love
- 12 Activities To Encourage Your High School Students To Love Reading: Hosted by Dr. Jenna Copper
- 12 Ideas to Freshen Up Your Approach to Poetry: Hosted by Amanda Cardenas of Mud and Ink Teaching
- 12 Creative Ways to Connect with Your Students Online: Hosted by Emily Aierstok of Read It, Write It, Learn It
- 12 Essay Alternatives That Will Make Your Students Think Outside The Box: Hosted by Staci Yamanishi of Donut Lovin’ Teacher
- 12 Classroom Routines to Try in the Secondary ELA Classroom: Hosted by me, The Daring English Teacher
- 12 Ways to Build Literacy in the Secondary Classroom: Hosted by Lauralee Moss of Language Arts Classroom
- 12 Free Back-to-School ELA Ideas: Hosted by Staci Lamb of The Engaging Station
- 12 Powerful Discussion Strategies To Engage Students: Hosted by Melissa Kruse of Reading and Writing Haven
- 12 Teacher Organization Hacks for the Virtual and Hybrid Classroom: Hosted by Shana Ramin of Hello Teacher Lady
- 12 Ideas for Engaging Readers in Social Justice Themes: Hosted by Tanesha B. Forman of love.tanesha
- 12 Engaging Strategies to Teach Persuasion, Argument, & Debate: Hosted by Abby Gross of Write on with Miss G