Help your students master the art of writing an introductory paragraph and thesis statement with this essay writing unit that focuses on the introduction. This lesson will help your students improve their essay writing skills and write a well-developed and complete thesis statement and introduction paragraph. Plus, it includes both the digital and traditional print formats!
This essay writing teaching resource includes everything you need for instruction including an editable presentation and student handouts to help guide them through the thesis statement writing process.
Here is what this writing unit includes:
The presentation was created to be informative and engaging:
Your students will drastically improve their essay writing skills after following the instructional presentation and completing the activities in this unit. The presentation includes good and bad examples of writing and an explanation so that students can apply what they’ve learned to their own writing.
Teaching Resources (Google Docs and PDF):
– individual and group activities and practice
– thesis statement worksheets
– thesis statement organizers
– guided essay introduction outline
– student reference guides
SMARTePlans™ is a registered trademark of The Daring English Teacher, Inc. All SMARTePlans units are Google-based teaching units that run on either the Google Slides, Google Docs, or Google Forms platforms. Each SMARTePlans teaching unit is good for a single-teacher license. Resources may only be posted online in a secure platform such as Google Classroom™, Canvas, Schoolology, or a similar learning management system.
* Make sure you click the “follow” button next to my picture so you don’t miss out on sales and new resources
* Please provide feedback on this resource. Doing so will help you earn TPT credits that you can apply toward future purchases! It’s like FREE TPT cash!
© The Daring English Teacher, Inc.
All rights reserved. License good for single-classroom use only.