Digital and Print Rhetorical Appeals Teaching Unit! This common core mini-unit includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about the different, effective persuasive and argumentative writing strategies in a digital format.
This Resource Includes Digital + Print Files:
– An editable, 37 slide Google Slide Presentation & PowerPoint Presentation
– Student materials on Google Docs and Slides
– And all student files in a secure PDF
The presentation teaches students about Ethos, Pathos, and Logos, as well as other persuasive writing strategies. It also includes a mini quiz during the lesson.
The student materials include:
– Suggested lesson plan calendar (for teachers)
– Ethos Pathos Logos Doodle Notes
– Rhetorical Triangle Doodle Organizer
– Two informational text activities for individual or group practice
– 3 full-text informational passages (The Gettysburg Address, Chief Joseph’s surrender speech, and Lou Gehrig’s Farewell to Baseball speech)
– Writing with appeals activity
– Argumentative essay handout
– Thesis graphic organizer
– Counterclaim graphic organizer
– Essay outline
– Peer edit form
– Argumentative essay rubric
SMARTePlans™ is a registered trademark of The Daring English Teacher, Inc. All SMARTePlans units are Google-based teaching units that run on either the Google Slides, Google Docs, or Google Forms platforms. Each SMARTePlans teaching unit is good for a single teacher license. Resources may only be posted online in a secure platform such as Google Classroom™, Canvas, Schoolology, or a similar learning management system.
This resource is good for personal classroom use only. Commercial use of this resource is strictly prohibited.