Engage your students in a digital introduction to a short story teaching unit that introduces the genre of short stories to students. This common core aligned unit includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about short stories. This lesson works with all short stories.
DIGITAL & Traditional Print
There are two links embedded in this PDF.
– An engaging and editable, 20 slide Google Slides presentation for direct instruction
– A Google Doc with supplementary materials.
The Google Slides presentation is a multi-day presentation that teaches students about the basics of short stories: characters, setting, plot, conflict, point of view, and theme.
The supplementary material includes:
– A teacher instruction sheet with lesson ideas
– Multiple graphic organizers that can be used for ANY short story
– An analyzing theme essay that can be used for ANY short story
– An essay outline
The print version includes a PowerPoint presentation and a PDF file.