This Lord of the Flies Group Research Project is aligned with the common core standards and requires students to work together to create a research project. It is the perfect way to introduce your class to William Golding’s novel.
The final project includes a five paragraph research paper written and cited in MLA format and a PowerPoint presentation that is presented to class. This is a great project to assign before reading the novel so that your students become more familiar with the historical context and parallels of the novel.
This download includes:
– The research project assignment (PDF)
– Research topics and websites for students to visit (PDF)
– Group member evaluation forms (PDF)
– Teacher rubric with customizable point values (PDF)
– Editable example PowerPoint Template (PPT)
Need a teaching unit for any novel?