This Lord of the Flies essay is the perfect was to end your novel unit because it combines the novel and a nonfiction article (included). This argument essay includes all of the resources you need to walk your students through the writing process: a Lord of the Flies argument writing prompt, graphic organizers, collaborative brainstorming activity, multiple essay outlines, peer edit form, and two grading rubrics.
– a CCSS aligned argumentative essay prompt
– two different grading rubrics (a 100 point rubric and a rubric that allows you to write in your own points values)
– a peer editing form
– a five paragraph essay outline (3 versions)
– a collaborative brainstorming poster project
– two graphic organizers to help students organize their thoughts
– a thesis generator handout.
This resource is also included in my Lord of the Flies Teaching Unit
Lord of the Flies Teaching Resources: