This digital and print logical fallacy teaching unit includes both digital and print teaching materials. The digital files run on the Google platform, and the print logical fallacy resources are included as a secured PDF. It includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about logical fallacies. This lesson is ideal for informational text units and argumentative writing units.
This LOGICAL FALLACIES unit includes:
– An editable, 48 slide Google Slide & PPT presentation for direct instruction
– A Google Doc with logical fallacy assignments
– A Google Slide with logical fallacy sketch notes and a BINGO activity
– A Google Form Logical Fallacy quiz
– A PDF with print student resources
The instructional presentation introduces students to the logical fallacies, shows students what the fallacies look like, and provide examples with explanation.
Logical Fallacies Taught:
The supplementary material includes:
– A suggested lesson plan guide for six days
– Logical Fallacy Sketch Notes
– Logical Fallacy Student Reference Sheet
– A 3-column fallacy organizer
– A logical fallacy scavenger hunt collaborative activity
– A worksheet where students identify fallacies
– Logical Fallacy B-I-N-G-O
– A Quiz
– Answer Keys
SMARTePlans™ is a registered trademark of The Daring English Teacher, Inc. All SMARTePlans units are Google-based teaching units that run on either the Google Slides, Google Docs, or Google Forms platforms. Each SMARTePlans teaching unit is good for a single teacher license. Resources may only be posted online in a secure platform such as Google Classroom™, Canvas, Schoolology, or a similar learning management system.
This resource is good for personal classroom use only. Commercial use of this resource is strictly prohibited.