“This Black History Month Group Research Project is aligned with the common core standards and requires students to work together to create a research paper and accompanying PowerPoint presentation. The final project includes a five paragraph research paper written and cited in MLA format and a PowerPoint presentation that is presented to class.
Assigning this group research project is a great way to familiarize students to important women in history. It also capitalizes on collaborative learning and working together on a short research project.
This download includes:
– The research project assignment (PDF)
– Research topics and websites for students to visit (PDF)
– Group member evaluation forms (PDF)
– Teacher rubric with customizable point values (PDF)
– Editable example PowerPoint Template (PPT)
Black History Month common core research writing presentation