Poetry: Teach your students how to annotate poetry! This Annotating Poetry lesson includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students how to annotate poetry.
There are two different files in the zipped download:
– An editable, animated 34 slide PowerPoint
– A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoint walks students step-by-step through the annotation process. It also includes a guided practice of William Wordsworth’s poem, “I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud.”
The supplementary material includes:
– A student annotation guide reference sheet (color and B&W)
– Student reference bookmarks (color and B&W)
– A full-text annotation exercise (I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud)
– A suggested key for the annotation exercise
– Student note pages
This activity is also available as a digital Google resource!
***This lesson is included in a BUNDLE***
Looking for digital, interactive Google resources?
Looking for resources for the ENTIRE year?
Helpful Tools and Resources for Secondary English Teachers:
Connect with me!