Annotating fiction and close reading are an integral part of the common core curriculum. This teaching resource includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students how to properly annotate fiction.
There are two different files in the zipped download.
– An editable, 21 slide PowerPoint presentation
– A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoints walk students step-by-step through the annotating process. It also includes guided practice with an in-class annotation activity.
The supplementary material includes:
– A student annotation guide reference sheet (color and B&W)
– Student reference bookmarks (color and B&W)
– A full-text annotation exercise (Aesop’s fable – The Lion and the Mouse)
– A second and more challenging annotation exercise (The first few paragraphs of “The Gift of the Magi”)
– A key for the annotation exercises
– Student note pages
*****This lesson is included in two bundles*****
Other resources that might interest you: